Procedure that removes excess fat and abdominal skin and, in most cases, it restores the weakened or separated muscles, creating a smoother profile and abdominal toned. Having a smooth and toned abdomen is a desire of most people. However, sometimes, physical exercise and weight control are not enough to achieve our goals. Even individuals with normal body weight and proportions may have a protruding abdomen with loose and baggy must in such cases be performed by an abdominoplasty procedure.
How much will I lose weight with a tummy tuck?
The purpose of abdominoplasty is an improvement in the body contouring and in the reduction of the local skin sagging, however, it is a surgical procedure that removes a certain amount of skin and fat, of course there will be a reduction in the body weight, which varies depending on the abdominal volume unique for each patient.
Does abdominoplasty leave a very visible scar?
A scar from a tummy tuck is located horizontally just above the deployment of the pubic, extending laterally to a greater or lesser extent, depending on the volume of the abdomen to be corrected. This scar is planned to be disguised under the swimsuits.
In the first months, the abdomen shows a relative insensitivity and be subject to periods of "bloat", which resolves spontaneously. Over the months, having started modeling exercises oriented, it will be gradually reaching the final outcome. It must never be regarded as a definitive result before 12 months postoperatively.
No. Your navel will be implemented and refurbished. Surrounding the navel there is a scar that will suffer the same evolution of scar below.
Not always. This depends on the type of trunk (thorax + abdomen together). If it is a kind of short, it is hardly be corrected. It is being of long type, the result will be more favorable. It also has great importance in this respect, the thickness of adipose tissue (fat thickness) coating that body area.
There are no formal contraindications to pregnancy after abdominoplasty. However, the aesthetic outcome of the surgery may be compromised after the pregnancy, which is advised to have children before all scheduled to undergo a tummy tuck.
Like any surgical procedure, it requires some precautions and restrictions that must be informed by your doctor. A tummy tuck is a surgery in which the level of pain is quite tolerable by most patients being solved with common prescription painkillers.
Like any surgical procedure, the tummy tuck is not without risks. In order to reduce complications, your doctor will make a proper clinical evaluation with preoperative imaging, surgical planning and reviews.
The anesthesia technique is individualized for each patient and it may be used the general anesthesia or blockages. The type of anesthesia to be used will be consensus among the staff and the patient.
The mean operative time is 3 hours. This period may be extended if there is association with liposuction or if the case demands. However, the time of surgery must not be confused with the length of stay of patients in the Surgical Center, because this residence includes the period of preparation for the anesthesia and the postoperative recovery. Your doctor will inform you about the total time.
Between 1to 3 days (normal movement).
Yes. Special dressings and periodically exchanged by the staff and daily by the patient at home.
Most points are made with absorbable sutures which are not required withdrawal. For some external points, the withdrawal may be initiated around the 8th day and it must be done selectively in the days that follow. Rarely complete withdrawal exceed 2 weeks.
If not using drain, it is possible to take a bath 24 hours after surgery. If wells are used, only after 3 to 5 days.
Yes. Lymphatic drainage is important postoperatively both in reducing the edema (swelling) and in the decreasing postoperative fibrosis. The brace is used in order to reduce swelling and ease the body remodeling must be used for about 2 months after the surgery.
Mostly during two weeks it must take greater care with respect to posture being necessary to walk "with the slightly stooped posture body" with slight flexion of the trunk. Up to one month postoperatively it will release for light exercises like walking and after 2 months for most activities.
- Communicate with your doctor before the surgery in case of flu, menstruation, illness, etc.;
- Intern at the hospital indicated in the bill, according to the time of admission;
- Avoid alcoholic beverages or very hearty meals at the day before surgery;
- Avoid any slimming drugs that may be using for a period of 10 days before the surgery. This also includes certain diuretics;
- Schedule your social, domestic or school activities, so as not to become indispensable to others for a period of approximately 3 to 4 weeks.
RECOMMENDATIONS POSTOPERATIVE: - Avoid strenuous activity for 21 days;
- Get up as often as it is recommended by hospital discharge, according to the periods of stay seated, as well as to avoid as much, long stairs;
- Do not expose to sun or cold, for a minimum period of 4 weeks;
- Curved Floor with slight flexion of the trunk and maintain short steps, for a period of 7 to 14 days;
- Obey the prescription;
- Probably you will be feeling so well to the point of not remembering who was recently operated. Watch out! The euphoria may lead her to an untimely effort, which determine certain disorders;
- Do not worry about the intermediate forms in various stages. Talk with your surgeon if you have doubts and only with him for any doubt;
- In case of obese patients, it may occur after the 8 "day the elimination of a certain amount of yellow or bloody fluid, one or more points of scarring. Do not worry because if that happens, it does not mean complication. Except in special cases, free food, from the second day, mainly based on protein (meat, milk, eggs) and vitamins (fruits);
- Wait to make your "diet or weight loss regime" after the medical release. The anticipation of this conduct on their own may determine to be ironed difficult consequences.