The body lift or body contouring surgery is indicated in order to improve the body contour in patients with significant weight reduction through diet or surgery such as gastric bypass surgery performed in patients with morbid obesity. This surgery removes the excess dermogorous excess from the trunk (abdominal area, back and sides) thereby reducing the loss of weight resulting from sagging.
How is the scar on body contouring surgery?
The shape of the resection and placement of the resulting scars of this surgery depends on the evaluation of each case individually. Milder cases of trunk sagging can be treated with an approach only through an incision in the anterior abdominal region. In some cases, there may be need for a circumferential incision for removal of all the excess of skin and it improves the contour. The suffering experienced by patients with this problem is so great that the scars are a small burden, given the benefit obtained by surgery.
When is the surgery indicated for body contouring?
If you do not feel comfortable wearing a dress, bathing suit or a more glued to the body machine because of the aspect of your body contour, then maybe you must consider improving this look with this surgical procedure. The surgical body contouring or body lift can promote a more defined contour reducing sagging imposed by slimming. The body contouring surgery can greatly improve its contour, increasing your self-esteem and body image. It is essential that you discuss your expectations very clearly and clarify all your doubts during your initial consultation.
Locks or general anesthesia (epidural) can be performed.
In your initial consultation, it will be assessed your state of health, medical and family history, as well as the conditions of your trunk (abdomen and back) with respect to fat, skin tone, presence of scars, muscles and other data. It is important to report on use of cigarettes, drugs, vitamins and other drugs. Thus, you will have the best individualized proposal to meet your expectations as the best body contouring for you.
The surgery begins by the incision along the appointment made in the abdominal region near the pubis. The detachment of the dermogorous flap is performed only to the extent of the skin and fat to be removed. If circumferential reduction is evaluated and required, then a transverse incision going towards the posterior region, will also be held, allowing the resection of the skin and fat throughout the circumference. The excess of skin is resected, the surgical incisions are sutured and drains may be placed, if necessary.
- Inform your doctor in case you get flu, cold or other infection before surgery, it must be postponed until your full recovery;
- You will be informed in detail about how to prepare for the surgery, including on fasting time, interruption of the use of medications or vitamins and other drugs;
- Stop smoking at least two weeks before to two weeks after surgery is essential to reduce the risk of complications; - Avoid exposure to the sun, particularly in the operated area and do not follow strict diet immediately prior to surgery period, since the nutritional deficiency may impair wound healing.
- You will be guided how to use dressings and baths and you must take medication as prescribed;
- The drugs that are prescribed to take after the surgery must manage well the discomfort and pain which is a normal feeling, especially in the early days;
- You must walk on the first day after surgery, although it must not remain ever sitting in lotus position in order to reduce tension in the scar;
- You may return your car to drive and return to work after 30 days if there is no mishap and your job does not require great physical effort;
- Physical activities will resume gradually, following schedule previously established.
YOUR NEW LOOK:
The body contouring surgery allows for a dramatic improvement in body contour that makes sagging or excess of skin and fat. The good results are long lasting, especially if you keep care such as regular physical exercise and balanced diet.