The liposuction surgery is indicated to remove localized fat deposits through a blunt cannula and a vacuum device. Usually, these excesses are located in the abdomen, in the flanks, on the back, and in the outer thighs. Other regions of the body can also be treated as thighs, arms, neck and chest. Thus, the goal of liposuction is not weight loss, but rather, improve the body contour.
Is the liposuction is indicated for the weight of loss?
No, liposuction is not indicated as a means of weight reduction and yes, for the treatment of lipodystrophy and improve body contour by removing localized fat. Ideally, the patient is not overweight before the procedure.
How is the procedure performed?
The patient must be in a hospital setting. The anesthesia is performed and after the anesthetic process, a solution is infiltrated in places where you want to perform the surgery to create a local swelling and facilitate the removal of fat with reduced risks. After about 20 minutes, the surgery is initiated. Small incisions are made in the skin where the cannulas are passed that will liposuction the fat.
What is type of anesthesia that is used?
The procedure can be performed using local anesthesia and sedation or general anesthesia lock depending on the patient.
The duration of the procedure depends on the amount and the extent of the areas to be treated. It can last 1 to 4 hours.
On average it is 1 day.
Like any surgical procedure, the liposuction is not without risks. In order to reduce them, it is important to make a good preoperative evaluation tests and evaluations, proper surgical technique, liposuction well defined limits in line with the recommendations of the Brazilian Society of Plastic Surgery and adequate postoperative following all the recommendations made by the attending physician.
The scars are generally good cosmetic result being almost imperceptible. They are made in locations that will be covered by clothing, not being apparent.
Yes and special straps that help to shape the body contour.
The result is observed at about 1 year postoperatively, but after the third month much of the edema (swelling) realizing the improvement in body shape and contour.
The lymphatic drainage is very important as it helps to decrease faster edema (swelling) and the postoperative pain and reduce fibrosis, thereby improving the quality of the result.
The exercises must be started gradually after 02 weeks with light walking and then evolve after the 1st month to bodybuilding activities. Recalling that these intervals vary with the patient.
When they are applied outside, these points must be taken around the 8th day postoperatively. p>
When can I take full bath?
On the day following surgery.
- Communicate with your plastic surgeon prior to surgery in case of flu, menstruation, illness, etc.;
- Intern at the hospital indicated in the bill, according to the time of admission;
- Avoid alcoholic beverages or too bulky meals the day before surgery;
- Avoid any slimming drugs that may be using for a period of 10 days before surgery. This also includes diuretics;
- Schedule your social, domestic or school activities, so as not to become indispensable to others for a period of approximately 4 to 5 days;
- Avoid strenuous activity for 8 days;
- Get up as often as it is recommended by hospital discharge, according to the periods of stay seated (a), as well as avoid the maximum physical exertion;
- Do not expose to sun or cold for a minimum period of 1 week;
- Obey the prescription;
- Back to the office for the subsequent healing in the days and times prescribed;
- Probably you will be feeling so well to the point of forgetting that it has been operated recently. Watch out! The euphoria may take you an inopportune effort, which determine certain disorders. It is noteworthy that between the 3rd and the 5th the postoperative day, there may be a slight emotional or even physical depression. This is predicted and explained by the recovery of your body for the sake of your body physiology;
- Do not worry about the intermediate forms in various stages. Take off with your plastic surgeon and only with him any questions that may arise;
- Normal diet (except in special cases). We recommend high-protein food (meat, eggs, milk) as well as intake of fruits;
- Wait to make your diet or weight loss regime after the medical release. The anticipation of this conduct on their own may determine to be ironed difficult consequences.